Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Craft: Valentine's Day Cards

One of my favorite childhood memories is making homemade Valentine's Day cards. I loved making individual cards for all my classmates and the creativity involved in doing something special for a friend. To this day, I still love making cards and as a teacher get to make cards for all of my students. Here are the cards I made this year! 


 I used a stamping technique where you stamp the stamp multiple times per inking. It gives the card a faded look and adds variety in color.



After stamping the hearts and letting them dry, I added a Happy Valentine's Day stamp and embossed it with metallic embossing powder. The embossing powder makes the words pop off the card and gives it texture.


On the inside of each card I stamped this adorable penguin stamp.


The craziness of the craft table!


Finished project!

I am excited for Valentine's Day. It is such a festive day in the first grade and always makes the kiddos feel so appreciated and special.

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment